McGraw is proud to be an authorized International Baccalaureate (IB) World School which has offered the Primary Years Program since the 1999-2000 school year. We were one of the first authorized PYP schools in North America and are part of a larger network of over 1,700 PYP schools in 109 countries.
The Primary Years Program (PYP) is an international education framework focused on the development of the whole child as an inquirer and life-long learner, both in the classroom and in the world beyond.
* fosters international-mindedness through the IB learner profile
* promotes the development of student agency (voice, choice and ownership) for learning
* prepares students to become life-long learners who take action to make a positive difference in their local and global communities
* utilizes an inquiry-based approach to learning and teaching
* provides opportunities for the development of a broad range of skills which students will apply throughout their education and life
* engages students in showcasing the culmination of their PYP education through the PYP Exhibition
Visit this link for a summary of the benefits of an IB education at McGraw.
Our school mission statement, fostering internationally-minded, life-long learners who all thrive in and positively shape our global community, reflects the aspects above and aligns with the mission statement of the global IB organization:
The International Baccalaureate aims to develop inquiring, knowledgeable and caring young people who help to create a better and more peaceful world through intercultural understanding and respect.
Visit this link to learn more about the IB mission.
Our school mission also aspires to the Poudre School District vision:
Poudre School District exists to support and inspire every child to think, to learn, to care, and to graduate prepared to be successful in a changing world.
Visit this link to learn more about Poudre School District and its vision and mission.
Visit the following pages on our website to learn more about the Primary Years Program and how it is being implemented at McGraw:
- Student Agency
- IB Learner Profile
- Concepts in the PYP
- Approaches to Learning
- Student Action
- McGraw Program of Inquiry
- Assessment in the Primary Years Program
- PYP Exhibition
- Student-led Conferences
- IB Evaluation and Action Plan
- PYP Visit Dates for Educators
The PYP Playlist offers further information about various aspects of the Primary Years Program.
You may also contact your child's classroom teacher or our school IB Coordinator, Paul Schkade, at firstname.lastname@example.org, for more information about the PYP at McGraw.