McGraw's 5th Grade PYP Exhibition
The Exhibition is the culminating learning experience of a student's Primary Years Program education. It is an opportunity for students to showcase student agency as they engage in inquiry, develop conceptual understandings, apply skills, demonstrate the attributes of the IB learner profile and take action to make a positive difference in our school, community or world.
The Exhibition takes place in the final year of a school's PYP program - 5th Grade at McGraw. During the Exhibition students work collaboratively in small groups to identify and conduct an in-depth, extended inquiry into a topic of personal interest and global significance. Throughout the process they are guided by adult mentors who meet with them on a regular basis. In May, students present the results of the Exhibition projects to the entire school community. The date and times for each year's McGraw 5th Grade Exhibition will be posted on this page when they have been set.
The PYP exhibition has a number of key purposes:
• for students to engage in an in-depth, collaborative inquiry
• to provide students with an opportunity to demonstrate independence and responsibility for their own learning
• to provide students with an opportunity to explore multiple perspectives
• for students to synthesize and apply their learning of previous years and to reflect upon their journey through the PYP
• to provide an authentic process for assessing student understanding
• to demonstrate how students can take action as a result of their learning
• to unite the students, teachers, parents and other members of the school community in a collaborative experience that incorporates the elements of the PYP
• to celebrate the transition of learners from primary to middle/secondary education
To learn more about the PYP Exhibition at McGraw, contact you child's 5th Grade teacher, or Paul Schkade, McGraw IB Program Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.