Enrollment at McGraw is open for the 2021-2022 school year - to students both within and outside of our attendance area.
McGraw Elementary is a top school of choice destination for families across Fort Collins and the surrounding area. McGraw offers the world-renowned IB Primary Years Program to all students in Grades K-5. The Primary Years Program empowers students to take ownership of their learning as they develop attributes to make a positive difference in their local and global community.
Benefits of an IB education at McGraw include:
- A caring, responsive learning environment which recognizes the unique strengths, talents, interests and needs of each student
- Providing all students with voice and choice in their learning
- A highly qualified teaching staff who collaborate closely with each other and with families
- A supportive community which provides special activities for students and families, such as International Evening, Running Club, Odyssey of the Mind, family nights, field trips and assemblies
- An integrated, well-balanced curriculum which guarantees that Science, Social Studies, Environmental Education, the Arts and PE are treated as core subjects, alongside Math and Reading
- All students receive weekly Spanish language instruction
- A focus on meeting the needs of the whole child – academically, physically, emotionally and socially
- Evidence-based instruction in the essential components of reading: phonological awareness, phonics, fluency, vocabulary and comprehension
- Opportunities for students to demonstrate leadership and communication skills, such as the McGraw News Show, Student Ambassadors program, Student Leadership Team, student-led action projects, and the 5th Grade Exhibition
Recognitions and Awards:
McGraw has received the Colorado Governor’s Distinguished Achievement Award, for exceptional student academic growth, five times in the past ten years, and the John Irwin School of Excellence Award, for exceptional student academic achievement, seven times in the past ten years.
In 2000, McGraw was one of the first six schools authorized to offer the IB Primary Years Program in North America.
McGraw was recently part of a global study commissioned by the IB organization to research the benefits of inquiry-based learning for students.
For more information about our school:
- Call the McGraw office at 488-8335
- Browse the information available on our website: mcg.psdschools.org
- Contact Paul Schkade (488-8374) for information specific to the IB Primary Years Program